Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 35


How Far Along: 35 Weeks
Weight Gain: About 30ish pounds.
Stretch Marks? No, come on only a little longer!
Maternity Clothes: I hate clothes right now.
Sleep: Napping a lot more now that I'm back to work!
Best Moment This Week: Talking to my doctor about my birth plan, finding out I'm 1 cm dilated. I truly truly LOVE my doctor, she's amazing.
Worst Moment This Week: My back! Sciatica! Feeling weak.. Ugh. Baby Girl is kicking my ass. Having a melt down over my "messy" house lol, I just want everything clean and perfect.
Miss Anything: Feeling like myself.
Movement: Yes! Lots and lots and lots, especially at night.
Cravings: Nothing really this week, I guess Ramen Noodles, I've had lots of that.
Queasy or Sick: Yeah, pretty queasy actually, I thought I was going to pass out at work the other day, I didn't understand it because I was fed and super hydrated, but still felt so weak.. Weird!
Have You Started To Show Yet: Yes!
Gender Prediction: It's a girl!
Labor Signs: Cramps are happening now...
Belly Button In or Out? Weird and flat.
Wedding Rings On or Off? Off! My engagement ring still fits, but my wedding band got so tight I took it off before I had to get it cut off! Sad about it..
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Happy!
Looking Forward To: Having my baby with me.

6 comments:

  1. My boss gave me this idea as my rings got tighter. .. I always wear a silver heart pendant necklace so I took the pendant off the chain and put my wedding band oh it instead. This way I can still always have it on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boss gave me this idea as my rings got tighter. .. I always wear a silver heart pendant necklace so I took the pendant off the chain and put my wedding band oh it instead. This way I can still always have it on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura! How exciting, you're almost there! As crazy as it sounds, I missed my bellies after each of my pregnancies and I loved feeling them move inside of me so really try to take it all in and enjoy it cause it's truly one of the best, most rewarding experiences. When I was pregnant with my first, I had terrible back pain so to alleviate I would fill the bath tub with warm water and lay in it. That relieved pressure and was also relaxing. I would also do a lot of back rolls. With my second, I was on a mission to prevent the ache so as soon as I started feeling pressure and pain I bought myself a body maternity pillow. That was magic!! It may not be worth it to buy one this far along in your pregnancy, but maybe you know someone who has one or you can just place a pillow between your legs, one behind you to support your back and a wedge under your belly and it will probably work the same. Prenatal yoga is AMAZING!!! My hospital offered free classes on Sat, but I had to sign up and wait for an opening before I could start. Call your hospital and see if they offer it. If not, go to a studio that offers prenatal yoga or use youtube videos. Here's on that has a lot of positions that we used in class:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utINxvh-h9Q

    I loved the baby resting position and it's a great one to do at night before bed as it gives you a good stretch and relaxes you too.

    Stand near a wall for balance if you don't have much of that these days while doing prenatal yoga and if you don't feel comfortable doing some of the exercises that require you to lift one arm, while balancing with the other, don't do it. It's more important to do the leg movements as that is what will strengthen your back more and help with the pain.

    Also, I didn't see the massage we would do in class in the video so here's how to do it:
    1. Lay on your side with knees parallel as she does in the video.
    2. Slightly bend your knee of the leg closest to the ceiling and bring it towards your chest a little so that it is now crossed-over the other leg.
    3. Place the palm of your hand of the arm closest to the ceiling (or your fist) on the area between your waist and hip bone and a little towards your butt cheek and massage.

    You can move your palm or fist within that area til you find the spot that alleviates the pain in your back and down your leg. Do it for as long as you want then do the other side.

    Sorry if I bombarded you with info, I just figured I'd pass it on since I wish some one would have informed me more during my 1st pregnancy. This all helped me tremendously to deal with my back pain and I hope it will do the same for you. Let me know if you try it and if it helped. Best of luck and God bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Jen! Thank you so so much for all the great info!!! You are so awesome! I will definitely be using some of those techniques these last few weeks! <3

      Delete
    2. No problem, wish I could've given you the heads up earlier. At least now you have a few tips if you guys decide to have another one :) If you ever need some info and/or advice, I'd be more than happy to share! Congrats again!

      Delete