Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What A Difference A Year Makes...


One year ago today I woke up expecting it to be that time of the month, and to my surprise it wasn't here yet. Thinking about it, I had been waking up hot and sweating in the middle of the night for the last couple of nights, and my sense of smell was crazy. I had a test under the sink so I thought, why not? I started getting dressed, went back to the bathroom a few minutes later where I looked down at the test on the sink and saw 2 lines. I took a picture, hid the test and went to work as if nothing happened. I thought about it all day. When I got home after work I took another test and again, 2 lines!

Today I woke up to a hungry baby girl crying in her bassinet, waiting for her mommy to feed her. I fed her, then left her in my bed where we cuddled for about 20 minutes before I had to get up and get ready to go to work, where I'll think about her all day, and count the hours until I can pick her up and love on her all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment