Friday, February 5, 2016

10 "Silly" Baby Products That Are Actually Awesome!

So I'm going to start this post out by saying that nobody NEEDS any of the items in this list.
But, I put it together because I actually got these products and I do find them useful!

I always have to hear it from older moms saying "I didn't have any of this back in the day when I had my kids, and they survived!" and while I don't NEED any of these, I'm sure that if they were available back in the day, they would have at least considered getting them, don't lie, haha!

So for all those old school moms who love to make fun of me for having them, let me explain why I like them, and why I find them useful!


1- Bright Starts Sweet Song Birds Baby's Play Place Activity Gym- This mat is so cute and colorful! I put it on my baby registry and sadly didn't get it, so I finally bought it and I am so glad I did! The walls go up, so when Emma is playing my crazy dogs don't bother her because they can't just walk on it. Emma loves looking all around it because the colors are so bright, and they have adorable little birds and owls on the print, plus, the toys that hang are cute too! "Why spend so much money on a mat? Lay down a thick blanket, it works the same?!" Well, a simple thick blanket can't hold up cutesy toys for baby to reach for!

2- Carseat Canopy Baby Infant Car Seat Cover- "You know, you can just cover the car seat with a blanket, and it does the same thing!" Actually!!!! A blanket can fall off (or fly off if it's windy) when moving the carseat, this special car seat canopy has velcro straps that attach to the handle of the car seat, so it can't fall off!

3- Baby Bum Brush Diaper Cream Applicator Tool- "Are you kidding me?! You can't just use your fingers?"Yes, I can use my fingers, but I promise you this tool is GREAT! Not only does it do the obvious, which is keep your fingers clean from baby butt cream, but it spreads it out so nicely on baby's butt. I'm telling you, this is so worth it!!!

4- WubbaNub- The WubbaNub Plush Toy Pacifier is designed to give your baby comfort with a soft, bean-filled animal friend that not only provides stimulation for little fingers, but positioning support for the pacifier. I love that this "weighs" down on Emma a little bit, so she can always just grab it and stick her pacifier right back in her mouth!

5- oogiebear Ear & Nose Cleaner- Oogiebear has two sides, a loop-end for sticky mucus and a scoop end for removing dried mucus. I love this because you all know how teeny tiny baby's nostrils are! And it's so hard to get boogies out of there! Not with this cute little tool though!

6- NoseFrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator- Ok, I was that mom that said I would NEVER use this because it's disgusting... Flash forward to your crying baby miserable because she can't breathe with a super stuffy nose, and the dumb bulb isn't helping at all.. Bring in the Nose Frida. Works wonders! And it has a filter so nothing goes in your mouth.

7- Baby Shusher- Basically a portable noise machine, it does exactly what it's called.. It shushes! It works wonders calming baby down, for real.

8- Aden & Anais Easy Swaddle- I loveeeeeeee these! Emma only sleeps for a long period of time if she's tightly swaddled with her arms in and these blanket bags are amazing! They're light enough for her to wear on top of her PJs, and they have such adorable prints too! "Why not just use a regular swaddle blanket?" Well, think of these as "Swaddle Blanket Bags for Dummies", it saves a ton of time, and you know as baby gets older he or she can totally get themselves out of a swaddle!

9- Dr. Brown's Bottles- A lot of people complain about the amount of parts each bottle has, but honestly, I think they are worth it! Emma has never had colic, and when I used to teach at a preschool, I remember a lot of babies in the baby room had these and their moms also loved them!

10- Hatch Baby Smart Changing Pad- Click here to see my post on the The Hatch Baby Smart Changing Pad. If you are interested in buying your own Smart Changing Pad use code 'LAURAPLUS20" to get $20 off!

So, what are some "silly" baby products you have purchased and love?
Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment